A little bit about the Bloomfield area:
The Bloomfield area is made up of two communities, Bloomfield Hills proper and Bloomfield Township. Both share the same ideals of enjoying quiet, suburban residential properties with some room to spread out in a setting more welcoming to nature and the peace and privacy it imbues.
Bloomfield Hills is a community of residents that value strongly the traditions of quiet, rural residential properties. The community is the home to the internationally renowned Cranbrook Institute of Science and Art, the exclusive Bloomfield Hills Country Club and the Bloomfield Open Hunt Club. This is a community that wishes little change other than continually reliable and improving public services. Change occurs only with deliberate, active participation by residents.
Bloomfield Hills’ residents hold professional or executive positions of authority (many associated with the major automakers or other Fortune 500 businesses) or high profile positions in professional sports. Many have chosen to live and remain in Bloomfield Hills for the quiet, wooded lots, privacy and stately homes.
Bloomfield Hills is located in the southeast quadrant of Oakland County. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 3,869. Bloomfield Hills consistently ranks as one of the top 5 wealthiest cities in the United States consisting of over 1,000 households. 39% of households in Bloomfield Hills has a value of over $1,000,000. This value is also the highest percentage of all houses in Bloomfield Hills.
The Charter Township of Bloomfield is home to 41,000 people. Its 26 square miles are distinguished by rolling hills, winding roads, and scenic lakes and streams. Located in Oakland County, Michigan, Bloomfield Township is within easy reach of the area’s major thoroughfares and expressways. It provides a full range of public services, including its own police and full-time fire departments and road, water & sewer divisions.
Housing choices in Bloomfield Township range from magnificent estates on large lots to affordable homes for first-time buyers. Because 95% of the Township is residential there is a special emphasis on the needs of homeowners, but Bloomfield Township’s business community is thriving and growing. Several large, nationally-known corporations have recently moved into Bloomfield or expanded their existing facilities, creating a healthy mix with nearby smaller, independently owned businesses.
Four public school systems – primarily Bloomfield Hills and Birmingham, and also Avondale and Pontiac – serve residents of the Township, as well as several excellent private and parochial schools. A 55,000 square foot public library that houses a Community Room, Audio Visual Room, Youth Story Room and a vast Adult Services collection serves the community thoroughly. Additionally, brand new Bloomfield Hills High School was completed in 2014 and houses grades 9-12. It provides a permanent facility on-site for Model Center and offers highly collaborative and technical learning spaces for high school students.
Demographic information shows that the community’s population is widely diverse and exceptionally well-educated. The median income is one of the highest in the state. As a result of the area’s rich cultural mix, many of the world’s religions are represented by places of worship in Bloomfield Township.
- Beau’s (American)
- Bagger Dave’s (Burgers, American)
- Leo’s Coney Island (American, Greek)
- Andiamo’s (Steak)
- Roadside B & G (Bar, American)
- 5th Tavern (American)
- Mex (Mexican)
- Rusty Bucket (comfort food favorites a long beer list)
- Eddie Merlot’s (steak, seafood, wine)
- Moose Preserve Bar & Grill (Hunting lodge-style eatery complete with moose trophy & antlers offers a menu of wild game & meats.)
- Gallery Restaurant (traditional American dishes)
- Bangkok Cuisine Bloomfield Hills (Thai)
- Bloomfield Deli (Sandwiches)
- Little Daddy’s (Greek and American)
- Huerto Mexican Restaurant & Tequila Bar (Mexican)
- Zoe’s House of Pancakes (Breakfast food)
- Prime 29 Steakhouse (Steak)
- Red Coat Tavern (American-British tavern)
- Crispellis Bakery & Pizzeria (Pizza, salad, sides and baked goods)
- Jet’s Pizza
- Pizza Papalis
- Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Qdoba Mexican Grill
- J. Alexanders (American cuisine)
- Champps (burgers)
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries
- Boutiques/ Stores
- Hills Fine Wine & Spirits
- Yummy Cupcakes
- Boyne Country Sports
- Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts
- Jacobsen’s Flowers, Inc.
- Pentimento Inc.
- Bella Bridal Gallery
- Running Fit
- Bloomfield Sport’s Shop
- Nature’s Touch Flowers & Gifts
- Pet People
- Maria’s Bridal Couture
- House of Bedrooms Kids
- Trader Joe’s
- Cary Ann’s Hallmark Shop
- Perfect Trading Co.
- Paper Source
- Ulta Beauty
- Five Below
- Carl’s Golfland
- Community Events
- Yoga in the Orchard
- Landmarks/ Points of Interest
- The Maple Theater
- Cranbrook Institute of Science
- Cranbrook House & Gardens
- Cranbrook Art Museum
- Oakland Hills Country Club
- Bloomfield Galleries
- Bloomfield Hills Public Library
- Bloomin’ Preschool at Lone Pine
- Bloomin’ Preschool at Fox HIlls
- Bloomin’ Preschool at Conant
- Lone Pine Elementary School
- Eastover Elementary School
- Conant Elementary School
- Way Elementary School
- West Hills Middle School
- East Hills Middle School
- Bloomfield Hills Middle School
- Bloomfield Hills High School
- Model Center